The Bass Tourist Podcast Guest Info
- Interviews, 45 – 60 minutes
Description, thesis, “Why?!”:
Through interviews, mixes, and features, we’ll travel to various music scenes around the world, focusing on “bass” music (bass and percussion focused dance music). DJs, producers, promoters, and people involved give us a glimpse of what’s like to be in their local scene. I’m hoping to capture what it’s like to be on the dance floor, reliving that moment and that feeling.
Sample interview topics/questions:
- “What was your first experience with “bass” music?” We’ll use this question to find out a bit about your background.
- “What genres do you usually prefer? How do you think you fit into it?”
- “Where are you based? What’s the scene like there?”
- “What’s your favorite tune for the dance floor, at the moment? What’s it like when it drops?”
- “What’s been your best moment on a dance floor in the last year or so?”
- “What’s been your best moment DJing in the last year or so? What was the party? How’d it feel when the crowd went nuts?”
- “What party or scene has surprised you the most?”
- “What’s your listening guilty pleasure? Any other genres or artists that you’ll always reach for after a party?”
I do all the interviews via zoom. Sorry, yes, I’m asking you to install an app 🙂 But it’s a free app that lets me record you in high-quality audio, so we come off as professional as possible. There’s no sign-up, I just send you a link, it starts the call, and you can delete the app right after the call.
- Please install https://zoom.us/ on your phone or computer before the interview time.
- Then connect to the zoom call https://zoom.us/j/9950917060
- Use headphones and a mic
- Sit in a quiet area
- Be close to wifi or the audio will cut out